Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

...Fun With Fabrics

I have had some fun playing with different mediums and textures when it comes to painted furniture. I've seen others use paper and thought to myself "why can't I use fabric?". Well why not? I am a designer and fabrics are one of my favorite items to shop for. The first time I attempted to put fabric on a piece of furniture it went a little like this...

My Script Chest 

Before... The brown monster (yes I ditched the hideous hardware!!)

The chair that inspired a chest...


In progress... 




After!!! WOW what a transformation complete with crystal encrusted hardware!


My Script Chest was such a hit that I decided to do a second fabric piece. I originally purchased another tall chest to do my fabric technique on, but never got around to it (My clients always come first). Then one day, this Bombay Chest fell into my lap and while brainstorming what I wanted the end result to look like it hit me... FABRIC!!!

The Contemporary Bombay Chest

Before... 

As I walked the aisles at one of my favorite fabric stores I saw this geometric patterned fabric and it was exactly what I had been looking for to turn this bombay chest from drab to fab-ulous!!

In Progress... 

After!!! I added a pearlized glaze to top it off!


Fabric is a fun medium to use when you want a pattern or design on a unique piece. I wonder what will inspire my next fabric piece.... Share your fabric furniture pieces with us! We love to see what our readers have created! 


Till next time...
 

6 comments:

  1. Any chance of a tutorial of the fabric technique??? Pretty Please???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may post a tutorial if I make another fabric piece... haven't decided yet, but will definitely let you know if I do.

      Delete
  2. PS. Newest follower...just in case you publish that tutorial! I'd love it if you followed me back, although I haven't been posting as much as I used to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you decopauge the fabric? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS